"Cheers to a new year and another chance for us to get it right." Oprah Winfrey.Hello!
Welcome back and Happy New Year!!
We are 3 days into the new year & I hope the start of the year has been great for you!
I explained in my previous post why I stopped writing my old blog & why I'm back now with this new space - but I thought I should very briefly fill you all in on my last year, just so we are all caught up - please also let me know how 2014 was for you in the comments below!
2014 was a wonderful year for us & very, very busy.
We experienced many major milestones in LuLu's life - eating, sitting up, crawling, talking, walking - running! And of course her first birthday! The first year of her life truly went by much to fast for my liking! I still now find myself sitting there somedays when she's fallen asleep on me or if I am watching her play, wishing to rewind time - to let me play it all back, just so I can take it all in even more, to hold my teeny tiny sleepy new born again, to experience all those "firsts" again... But then I love now & I love the idea of the future, watching her grow & learn new skills so quickly I know her growing up healthy & happy is truly a blessing and something I am very thankful for & I never take for granted.
During last year we also sold our first little home, it was a lovely home for Trent & I but when LuLu arrived we knew we needed bigger. We wanted her to have space, we wanted to live in a quieter area, we wanted a nicer & more modern home for her to live in. So we searched for what seemed like most of the first 1/2 of the year, we prayed & we found ourselves a new & perfect home that met all our requirements and even the "extra requirements"! It was a great buy and something we are incredibly proud of.
2015 is looking like a much quieter and more relaxing year for us. Moving house is not my idea of a fun time! At this point we have no big plans for this year & I like that, I am looking forward to a nice & hopefully simple year.
So speaking of 2015 - resolutions - do you make them?
I made a few this year...
- Be more thankful, be happier, be healthier & stress less. (Pretty standard, the stress one will be my biggest challenge I think)
- Care more, care less. I read this recently on my friends instagram post and I love it. It is so perfect for me right now. I need to focus less on awful & negative people who try hurting me and focus more on the wonderful & positive people I have in my life and also just care more about me.
- Stay far away from those who cannot bring me joy. Do not interact with those that cause me pain. I stupidly failed this one already by interacting with an absolutely dreadful person when I know I should've just ignored her. But this is something I can work on and just learn to ignore people, even those who taunt & try to bait me.
- Buy less, choose well. I really want to save more this year and I think buying a few good quality items is much better than wasting lots of money on nonsense purchases.
- Write this blog. Give it a chance to grow. Be patient with it.
- Continue to be strong in my faith & learn more.
And the same resolutions I pray for every night & day...
- Be a better me, a better wife, a better Mum, a better daughter, a better sister & a better friend. I always feel like I can strive to be better & some days I don't feel like I get any better & maybe I go in the opposite direction, but I just wake up the next day & try again.
So we are briefly caught up.
What was the highlight of 2014 for you and what are your resolutions for 2015?
"Your success and happiness lies in you. Resolve to keep happy, and your joy and you shall form an invincible host against difficulties." - Helen Keller