I feel I have so many goals & dreams that most likely will never be achieved in my life time, but at the same time the thought I may not achieve everything I dream of just pushes me to at least give them ago.
So what would I do...
- Firstly and it's the thing I strive to do every single day - be the very best Mother in this world. I know that it is a fairly impossible task as I will never be my Mother, but I give it everything I have and I am determined to be the best I can. I also want to be the best wife to my ability.
- I want to be the best version of myself I can - we develop constantly. Our interests, attitudes, likes, dislikes are constantly evolving as we pass through each season of our life - but no matter what, I just always want to remain a good person.
- I would want to a great Australian female hunter or at least just be able to hunt, I have had this deep desire to learn to shoot & be a hunter (either with bow or gun) for what seems like the past few years. I've never had the chance to go because it's more of a thing my Dad, Trent & my brothers do - kind of a "girl free" event, but they are slowly working out I still want to go - so maybe one day I'll get to go. I know I need to work on my accuracy a lot more - but it is a working progress & something I'll be starting to work on very soon.
- To go along with the goal of one day being able to hunt, I would also love to be able to skin my kills! If I kill a fox I know it may happen, as my Dad is great at it & will teach me! Ultimately I would love to learn how to do taxidermy - but not on pets (because that is creepy), just for hunting trophies! It is unlikely to happen as I don't have the time to commit to learn something that is so incredibly hard & detailed, but - it's a goal. (Also, I would love to learn to butcher my own meat).
- I would move to America - I am not even joking. I have this very strong pull towards America, I honestly feel like I need to visit the South or even move there! The big touristy cities (L.A, L.V, N.Y etc) don't interest me that much, New York would be fun, but it's not a must see for me. Anywhere in the South would make me happy - heck I would even move to Texas. I love Australia I truly do and I know things in real life are different to how they appear online but I have a really strong urge to at least visit America - one day!!
- I would start a magazine. This has been something I've thought of for a little while, especially since becoming a Mum. No "Mummy magazines" appeal to me, I always want to buy magazines but not one jumps out at me or has anything I find interesting inside! Surely I can't be the only one who is sick to death of the boring Mummy magazines or the trashy magazines that are packed full of lies? How about a magazines that has a good mix of interesting articles about strong women, recipes, realistic interior design tips, great articles on child development, home making suggestions & tips and fashion that appeals to regular adults? Not midriff baring crop top style hideous looks - just classy & classic fashion.
- And if we are really dreaming, heck I would be a surgeon. Science & the medical field really interests me. There is no way I could ever be a nurse & being a G.P wouldn't be ideal for me, but being a surgeon would be incredibly interesting, rewarding and would be a very respectful career.
So they are my "unlikely to happen but hey you never know one day they might happen" goals. (Ok realistically the surgeon one will most likely never happen!) I have a few more goals that are starting but they are still developing in my mind at the moment.
But just between you and I - I have already started work on one of these goals - I may not get to exactly where I dream, but at least I am starting!!
(Did any of those goals surprise any of you?)
(Did any of those goals surprise any of you?)
And I like to keep this thought in the back of my mind when I am doubting myself...
If you had asked me the same question back when I was 18 and fresh out of high school my answers would've been very different. They most likely would have been;
- Travel everywhere, see & experience everything.
- Be a photographer.
- Be a journalist for either Rolling Stone or National Geographic (such a typical 18 year old dream).
- Or be a lawyer.
And to be honest I did want to do journalism for a very long time, I did start it at university but surviving on your own in a town hours away from your parents & supporting yourself while dealing with a personal family matter was just too much, I couldn't do it and I quit. I kind of hate that I quit - but at the same time I feel everything happens for a reason. I ended up working very hard and worked my way through a dodgy job up into a better job with a better position that I feel I should've needed a degree to do and that was doing advertising & promotions for a large company. I ran all their promotions, redesigned their whole entire store & over saw the construction of that project & hosted a successful store reopening and did a lot of media campaigns for them. I am proud of the work I have done in a short amount time, even though I know compared to others it really isn't much.
I also wanted to do law for what feels like my whole life, like since I was 7 & it is something I am still interested in! But the older I've got the more I've realised I don't think that field is for me. Yes I am fairly ruthless & can argue amazingly but to me it seems like a very high stress & at times corrupt job. Not meaning you have to be corrupt to do law, but like every industry there are dodgy people & I don't agree with that - especially when it comes to dealing with criminals. I just don't feel like I need a stressful job - I have enough stress already!
And with travelling I still want to, but my expectations have kind of changed. I think more now about what will benefit LuLu better instead of myself, so that is why we are waiting until she is much older until we travel - so she will remember it better. I think paying an exorbitant amount of money for an overseas holiday with a 1 year old is kind of insane, I would much prefer to go when she is older, so she can actually remember the trip!
I think it's great to look back at different stages of my life & see what I considered a "goal" at that point. I'm sure in 5 or 10 years my dreams will be very different again, but I guess that happens. As we mature we develop new interests & dreams - I think it all depends on the season of our life.
But right now in this season for me, I am focused on being an amazing Mumma, wife & daughter! Anything else I achieve in during this time is an added bonus!
So what would YOU do if you knew you could not fail?
What are you dreams?
Have a beautiful Sunday!!